You’ve probably Googled your way to finding out the standard recovery period for the Massachusetts cosmetic surgery you’re about to have with Dr. Russo and the rest of the staff at our Newton Centre clinic. Keep in mind, however, that the information you gather online is only an estimation as recovery periods vary from one person to another.
While there is no way for us to exactly determine your recovery period, the following tips will surely lead you to the the road to quicker recovery!
1. Have a plan — from making sure that someone will take you home following surgery to filing vacation leaves from work. A come-what-may attitude won’t work when it comes to recovering from plastic surgery.
2. Keep your expectations low. Having unrealistic expectations of the surgery you’re about to have will most likely result to negative emotions. Add in the waiting part where the intended results will not likely appear until a few months post-surgery.
3. Follow Dr. Russo’s post-surgical instructions down to the last word such as when to put cold compresses to reduce the appearance of bruising and swelling, the timing of your pain medications, hygiene instructions, etc.
4. Arrange for someone to assist you during the first few days or weeks following surgery (depending on the extent of the procedure) even if you’re certain that you can do things by yourself. Having someone around will certainly bring you peace of mind and allow for quick healing.
5. Avoid sun exposure until you have completely healed. If going outdoors cannot be avoided, use sunblock as much as you can.
Plastic Surgery in Massachusetts
Arrange a cosmetic consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Joseph Russo today! We will listen to your concerns, educate you about what is available for you, and make recommendations. Call today to book your appointment with us! Contact (617)964-1440 or fill out this contact form.