While a recent study revealed that formerly overweight patients were able to sustain long-term weight loss following a tummy tuck, you may find it difficult at times not to give in to that second piece of chocolate cake. So how exactly should you maintain the flat tummy following your Massachusetts abdominoplasty? Read on!
What Happens During a Massachusetts Tummy Tuck
First things first. To be able to figure out how to sustain long-term weight loss following your tummy tuck, you might want to know what exactly happens during the procedure.
An incision is made low on the abdomen, just above the pubic area, by Dr. Russo. A flap of skin and fat are detached from the underlying fascia and the navel are separated from its current surrounding. The abdominal muscles are tightened and sutured together. The skin is pulled down and the excess is removed. A new opening for the navel is now made. At the completion of surgery, drains are placed underneath the skin to collect any fluid produced from the procedure.
5 Surefire Ways to Boost Your Metabolism Post-Tummy Tuck
1. Steep and sip green tea regularly. Numerous studies (you can read one of those studies here) have shown that green tea is not only full of antioxidants but could actually speed up metabolism.
2. Never skip breakfast. Speed up your entire day’s metabolism by grabbing a filling breakfast before you go tackle the day’s tasks. A high-protein breakfast is a sure winner.
3. Get enough snooze. Researchers have found out that getting enough sleep does accelerate metabolism. You can read more of the study here.
4. Have a cardio break. A 30-minute walk will surely help you burn those extra calories at a continuous pace. Or why not try cycling? One research study figured out that 45 minutes of cycling (or any vigorous exercise) could accelerate your metabolic rate up to 12 hours.
5. Do some lifting. It has also been found out that apart from helping you get leaner, lifting weights could actually help you pump up your resting metabolic rate. You can read more of the studies here and here.
Tummy Tuck in Massachusetts
Arrange a cosmetic consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Joseph Russo. We will listen to your concerns, educate you about what is available for you, and make recommendations. Call today to book your appointment with us! Contact (617) 964-1440 or fill out this contact form.