It may be just another cliche but preparation is truly one of the solid foundations which make up success. The same goes for plastic surgery. Successful outcomes in a cosmetic procedure, whether surgical or non-surgical, largely depends on the time you devote in preparing for it. Here’s a quick list of 5 important things that you shouldn’t really overlook when you’re about to have a cosmetic procedure done.
1. Check on your doctor’s credentials – from educational background to certifications to experience in the surgery you’re about to have. Anyone can claim to be a cosmetic surgeon so it is very important to check the authenticity of a surgeon’s background first.
2. Check on a doctor’s hospital privileges. Having hospital privileges is an advantage in case acute care is needed following your surgery. This also means that the surgeon of your choice passed the hospital’s standards when it comes to allowing doctors to operate in their hospital.
3. Consider the venue of the procedure. Does the surgeon practice sterile measures? Is the setting state-licensed?
4. Take the time to weigh pros and cons before coming up with an informed consent.
5. Plan for your recovery. The surgery itself is only half of the story, you still need to make sure you will have everything you need during recovery.
For more information on how to prepare for plastic surgery in Boston, get in touch with us today for a personal consultation with Dr. Russo! Contact (617) 964-1440 or fill out this contact form. Call today to book your appointment with us!
575 Boylston Street, Newton Centre, MA 02459
Your body is constantly changing. Gravity, age, and the elements are constantly pulling at you. But you are not alone in this fight. The doctors and aesthetic experts at Joseph A Russo, MD are also in constant motion, relentlessly innovating better ways to overcome the entropic effects of time and gravity.
Mon -Fri: 9am - 7pm
Sat: 9:00am – 2:00pm