Whether you’ve always wanted to increase the size of your breast or you just experienced massive weight loss which significantly reduce its volume, a Massachusetts breast augmentation with Dr. Russo will provide you with the feminine figure you’ve always wanted.
There are various types of breast implants approved by the FDA, one of which include gummy bear breast implants. Get to know this type of breast implant and find out that there’s more to its cutesy name!
Gummy Bear, What?
Gummy bear implants are actually silicone gel breast implants which are popular for their natural look and feel. The silicone gel is protected by a silicone outermost shell. Manufacturers of gummy bear implants have also recently added more cross-linking bonds to the innermost liquid gel to make the implant firmer and more stable. The cross-linking feature is a crucial safety factor as it will help avoid the silicone gel from migrating to nearby areas when the shell ruptures.
Advantages of Gummy Bear Implants
1. The stability of the gel inside the silicone shell results into a very natural appearance.
2. As mentioned earlier, less likelihood of leaking as the cohesive filler will most likely retain its shape during rupture.
3. As opposed to saline implants, there is no visible implant line. There are lesser chances of implant shifts.
4. Fewer risks of capsular contracture. Capsular contracture refers to the development of scar tissue around your breast implants. While the exact cause is unknown, it has been shown that capsular contracture are less likely to occur amongst cohesive gel implants .
Disadvantages of Gummy Bear Implants
1. The incision size for gummy bear breast implants tend to be larger than the tiny incisions of saline implants.
2. Although it rarely occurs, there are chances of your breast implants rotating causing a distorted appearance. In this case, a breast augmentation revision may be in order.
3. The teardrop shape of gummy bear implants may prove to be a problem for women who wish to have rounder breasts.
Breast Augmentation in Massachusetts
Arrange a cosmetic consultation with a board-certified Boston plastic surgeon like Dr. Joseph Russo. We will listen to your concerns, educate you about what is available for you, and make recommendations. Call today to book your appointment with us! Contact (617) 964-1440 or fill out this contact form.
575 Boylston Street, Newton Centre, MA 02459
Your body is constantly changing. Gravity, age, and the elements are constantly pulling at you. But you are not alone in this fight. The doctors and aesthetic experts at Joseph A Russo, MD are also in constant motion, relentlessly innovating better ways to overcome the entropic effects of time and gravity.