A lot of people choose to have nose surgery or rhinoplasty in order to improve their appearance and boost their confidence. When you know that you look good, it will easily show in the way you carry yourself. You can hold your head up high and flash your smile because you know that you have an attractive face. Here at our cosmetic surgery practice, Dr. Russo performs rhinoplasty in Boston with very natural results that suit the shape as well as the proportion of the patient’s face to make it appear like no work was done. If you are interested in rhinoplasty, it is important to know if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
Are you a good candidate for nose surgery?
- Like any other surgery, a good candidate for rhinoplasty is medically fit. During your consultation with Dr. Russo, you will be asked about your general health and your medical history. Adjustments to medications may be needed in case you have a chronic condition like diabetes.
- A good candidate for rhinoplasty is someone who is at least 15 or 16 years old as this is the time when the nose is already fully developed. Even seniors can have rhinoplasty. It is not the age that matters, but a person’s state of health.
It is not only the physical aspects that have to be taken into consideration, but also psychological factors. A person has to be psychologically prepared and has to make a decision only after careful consideration.
- Consider nose surgery if your goal is to improve your overall appearance and your confidence. It is not enough that your friends or loved ones merely convinced you. The decision has to come from you.
- If you are having problems with your relationships or you just lost a loved one, you are not yet ready to decide if you want rhinoplasty or not. Make a decision only when you are done dealing with your personal crisis.
- When you make an impulsive decision, there is a big chance you will not be happy with the result. You have to realize that the procedure will not give you a “perfect” nose. In fact, there is no such thing as a “perfect” nose. Thus a person will only be a good candidate for the procedure if he or she has realistic expectations.
To have a better understanding of the procedure and to determine if you truly want a rhinoplasty, request an appointment with Dr. Russo today by calling 617-964-1440. Disclose whatever apprehensions you have about the procedure and do not hesitate to ask for options in case you are having second thoughts about having nose surgery.