Losing weight takes a lot of work, but it can significantly improve your health and your appearance.
Here’s what you should know.
Why is it important to reach a healthy weight?
There are many different healthy body shapes and sizes, but reaching a healthy weight is important to your overall health. Your doctor can help you determine what a healthy goal is.
Being overweight doesn’t just negatively affect your appearance; it takes a serious toll on your overall health. Being overweight can strain your joints, sap your energy, put extra pressure on your heart, increase your risk for diabetes, contribute to high-cholesterol, and interfere with sleep.
Fortunately, there are steps you can take to reach your goals and look and feel your best.
Lifestyle Changes That Can Help
Small lifestyle changes can go a long way toward helping you reach your goals. Consider making a few of the following changes:
- Pack your lunch for work—you’ll save money and eat healthier.
- Keep a water bottle with you at all times and drink water throughout the day. This will help you avoid snacking when you’re actually just thirsty, and you’re less likely to drink high-calorie beverages when you’ve had plenty of water.
- Park your car at the back of the parking lot when you go to the store.
- Take the stairs whenever possible.
- Prepare healthy snacks like almonds, apple slices, and carrot sticks so that you won’t be tempted to hit the vending machine.
- Don’t multitask when you’re eating. If you eat while watching TV or browsing the internet you may eat more than you realize.
- Use smaller plates and bowls to encourage yourself to reduce portions.
HCG—Giving Your Weight Loss Goals A Boost
While lifestyle changes can go far, sometimes you need extra help to reach your goals. Simply put, losing weight requires that you use more calories than you consume, but restricting calories can be difficult and leave you irritable and unfocused. HCG helps you to restrict calories without your body going into starvation mode or hurting your muscles. It can improve your metabolism and keep you from feeling hungry.
HCG needs to be combined with a careful low-calorie, high-nutrient diet and it is important to closely follow the directions given by your doctor so that you can stay healthy throughout the weight loss process. To learn more about weight loss with HCG, schedule a consultation with Dr. Joseph Russo.